Welcome back to my weekly blog. 🙂
This week is a quick review of a skin care brand that I have been trying out for the past 4 months. If you follow me on instagram or snapchat, you’ll remember a few months ago my skin went hella crazy on me, breakouts and all sorts. Up to this day I still do not know what the reason was but all I remember was I was very unhappy with the state of my skin at that time.
I decided to do abit of research on skin care products to try that could restore my skin back to its normal state. I came across La Roche Posey, a French skincare brand and after digging abit more, the reviews where overall amazing for oily, spot and blemish prone skin so I thought why not give this a try as it ticked all the boxes that perfectly describe my skin type. It claims that you can see “visible results from day 1 and significantly clearer looking skin at 4 weeks”
It is “specifically designed to help address oily, blemish-prone skin. Proven efficacy on the key signs of oily, blemish-prone skin, including; blemishes, clogged pores, excess sebum, uneven skin texture, red and brown marks.”
La Roche-Posay Effaclar 3-Step Anti-Blemish System includes:
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo+ 40ml
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Clarifying Toner 200ml
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel 125ml
1. Cleanse: Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser reduces excess sebum and leaves skin feeling clean and fresh. Work a small amount into a lather with water and massage onto skin using gentle circular movements – no need to scrub. Use morning and evening. Avoid eye area. Rinse thoroughly.
2. Tone: Effaclar Clarifying Toner helps to reduce the appearance of pores. Apply to a cotton pad and gently sweep over the entire face. Avoid eye area. Use morning and evening. No need to rinse.
3. Correct & Hydrate: Effaclar Duo+ Anti-blemish Cream is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of blemishes and unclog pores. It also helps to reduce the appearance of red and brown marks. Apply a thin layer of cream, morning and evening over your entire face before applying make up. Avoid eye contour area.
So how did my skin like this product/s ?
Day one started well, I started off the 3 step routine in the evening starting with the cleanser which I was very impressed with. I had been wearing makeup throughout the day and the cleanser worked very well to wash off all the makeup I had on. I then used the clarifying toner and the duo anti blemish moisturiser l after air drying my face. I must admit , I did not quite like the moisturiser at first as it left my skin feeling very dry. After 3 days of using this kit morning and night, started having a terrible reaction to the duo cream (step 3) . I generally have sensitive skin, and this product claims to be suitable for people with even the most sensitive skin but I started feeling this burning sensation every time I used it. This went on for a few more days so I decided to stop using it in the mornings and stick to evenings only. This made no difference whatsoever, if anything burning got worse, after the 8th day I decided to stop using the duo cream however continued with the other two products.
Clearly my skin was probably too sensitive for the Duo+ Cream moisturiser so I would not recommend this product if you have very sensitive skin. It has been 4 months now and I am still using the Cleanser and Toner, which I highly recommend. The kit says the products are up to 6weeks supply but you definitely get lot more that 6weeks . I have since bought another cleanser a month ago, but the original one from the kit lasted 2 1/2 months, which was much longer than the packaging says. I am also still using the toner even though it is almost finished but again it has lasted lot longer than expect. So it is a definite thumbs up from me.
Overall my skin did improve significantly and I was very pleased with the results, its was or it us such a shame that the moisturising cream just did not work for me.
To purchase or read more about La Roche-Posay, click here.
Thank you for reading.